Thursday, June 26, 2008

Photos, Pictorials and Prints

I have a new camera! I have been a-wishin' and a-hopin' for a new camera for quite some time. My old point-and-click mini-digital did not take close-ups or action shots well. Two things I'm very fond of as I have three growing, sports-playing boys.


So where to go for good information? Blogs, of course!


Here are some of the bloggers that unknowingly helped me out:


My Treasure Box

The Shutter Sisters

The Pioneer Woman


After studying the equipment list these women had posted and reviewing the options, I chose a Nikon D40. It's the entry level digital SLR camera for us amateurs. By the way, I have no idea what SLR means. I have, however, read some great beginner articles at Jeff Corman Photography Studio website.


You may have noticed some of the photos from yesterday post, Dale's Birthday party, were pretty darn good. It was the camera! Every setting was on auto and I just pressed the button. I'm excited, intrigued and inspired by my peak into learning about photography. Naturally I hope I can put what I learn to use immediately to take captivating, awe-inspiring, award-winning photos.





ha ha ha ho ho ho,... oh, I'm cracking myself up... It may take a while, a long while, but I feel determined to learn more about photography. I have a lot of milestones to record here!

I better get busy! Signing off.
Jenny

No comments: