Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day Meal - Unexpected Hit

On Father's Day, the whole family piled into the car to go out to lunch and then grocery shopping. Grocery shopping? I know, strange! Anyway, on the way I was reading cookbooks...just in the mood for something new and since it was Father's Day, a new special dish for dinner seemed in order.



My new favorite cookbook is Tyler's Ultimate by Tyler Florence, because it has easy-to-make, savory recipes. Perfect for a house full of boys. I love the format - recipe on the left and mouthwatering picture on the right. A few weeks ago, I made the Spaghetti and Meatballs to the deep pleasure of my family.

I kept turning back to the page with the Crab Cakes, so I asked The Father what he thought. He said it sounded great.






Five portions of crab cakes and sauted vegetables were served up. Crab cakes are a bit out of the realm of food likes for the three boys. To my astonishment, the vote was 4 out of 5 for having this meal again. Pretty good, Tyler! Thanks.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds & looks good. I haven't read that cookbook; maybe I could borrow yours for a quick read.

Anonymous said...

Oh, crab cakes... I want to be in Maryland right now!! They look delish!!