Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On Being a Woman

I was sharing with a friend the other day how it seems at times my tendency towards absent-mindedness and being a scatter-brain rises to epic proportions. She explained that she read somewhere or other that as our hormones bottom out each month before, well, it has many names, I call it my monthly "friend", the female mind has a hard time putting two thoughts together.



It's possibly a hormonal imbalance??? I'm so relieved. I was beginning to think I had early brain atrophy. As I've mentioned before I'm taking some classes at a nearby college and I've been studying for a midterm. I read a practice problem, calculate the answer and check to see if I'm right. My forehead is beginning to hurt from thunking it down on the table after each wrong answer. In almost every case, my reasoning has gone haywire and I've left out a step or two.



Well, that dreaded end of the monthly cycle has passed, so I'm hoping my hormones and my brain power are on the upswing... and fast. My test is tomorrow. Please root for me gals (and guys)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodluck on your test. I am sure you will do fine. I go through the same thing every month now and it is so frustrating!!! Thanks for writing about this. I always love visiting with you!

Carla said...

I have no 'friend' any more (just what idot came up with that term?). So, whats my excuse? I mean reason? Goodluck (with your 'friend' AND test)